Whether finishing high school, college, an after-school program, or even a professional qualification, graduation is a big deal. So, what to write in a graduation card is equally a big deal. This guide helps you craft a message that acknowledges the hard work they’ve put in and that lets them know just how proud you are of them.
Explore the messages below to find the perfect congratulations for your newly accomplished superstar. And whilst you’re there, why not match your A+ graduation card message with a personalized card? Try TouchNote today and take a look through our perfectly educated range of cards!
Sometimes a funny couple of lines is precisely the message you’re looking for in a graduation card. You might want to still include something soppy to also say how proud you are, but these messages are guaranteed to raise a smile on the new graduate’s face.
- “The tassel is worth the hassle! You did it!”
- “Congratulations on finishing high school. I’m so happy for you, even if this does make you a (insert college mascot), for life.”
- “Well done on graduating college. Here’s hoping your amazing memories of college last longer than your student loans!”
- “Big congratulations for graduating. Isn’t it amazing how far you can go with Google and Wikipedia?”
- “Who would have thought you were that smart?
- “Well done on graduating. Thank goodness you didn’t inherit your father’s brains.”
Just like the graduate may have done in completing their studies, copying someone else’s work gets the job done! Joking aside, including a quote in a graduation card can be a very heartfelt way of wishing the graduate well in the next stage of their education, career or life’s work.
- “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.” — Gabrielle Giffords
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “Go forth and set the world on fire.” —St. Ignatius Loyola
- “Fall forward. Every failed experiment is one step closer to success. You’ve got to take risks.” —Denzel Washington
- “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.” —Nora Ephron
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” — Confucius
- “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow, belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” — Malcolm X
- “It is absolutely still possible to make a difference.” — Michelle Obama
Why not include a note of encouragement as the graduate takes their next big move forward. It may help them feel inspired and let them know you support them on each new step of their journey.
- “The road ahead may have its bumps, but you’re a hard worker, ambitious and stronger than you know. You can overcome anything that comes your way.”
- “Today is only the first of many amazing moments ahead. Make sure to enjoy them and never stop growing, asking questions, learning and challenging yourself.”
- “Graduation isn’t the final stop on a challenging journey, but the first stop of a new and exciting one. Make the most of this road ahead.”“Chasing your dreams requires hard work, commitment and lots of sacrifices. We know you’ve got what it takes. I cannot wait to see you achieve everything your heart desires.”
- “Take this time to celebrate and enjoy a well-earned rest. You’ll then be ready to take on your next challenge, and we can’t wait to see what that will be.”
Finishing high school and starting college is a very exciting and nerve-wracking time. The graduate will probably be moving away from home for the first time, have to make a whole new group of friends, and get ready for four years of dedicated study. But you know they can do it. So wish them every success in their new adventure.
- “This calls for celebrations. Congratulations.”
- “Congrats! (Future College) is lucky to have you. Enjoy the next four years.”
- “Caps off to you, Graduate.”
- “Well done on your high school diploma. Your next endeavour is hugely exciting, and we can’t wait to see how you get on.”
- “Proud of you for finishing high school, and all the best for starting college. Make sure to visit us when you’re back in town!”
TouchNote Tip: Check out our guide for the seven childhood moments to commemorate with TouchNote cards for even more reasons to send a card.
Once college is over, it’s time to start in the real world. After four years of studying, partying and working hard, it’s onto the next stage of life. Wish them well and share a celebratory message.
- “Happy Graduation Day! The sky is the limit – fly high.”
- “Congratulations on four years of hard work. Best of luck on your new beginnings.”
- “May your newly awarded degree unlock many doors and be the beginning of a highly successful career.”
- “For all those late-night study sessions, hard work studying for exams and hours in lectures
- “Congratulations on your hard-earned degree. As they say, ‘Find a job you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life.’ May you find the job that is the perfect fit for you.”
- “Well done on finishing college, what an impressive achievement.”
- “Best wishes on your move into the working world and graduating with your college degree. May you reach all your goals.”
They’ve done the family proud so let the graduate know. Congratulate your son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, niece, nephew, step-son, step-daughter, mom, dad or whoever, with one of the following messages.
- “From the day you were born to this very day, you always give us reasons to be proud of you. Congratulations on your success.”
- “So happy to share in the excitement of your graduation day. We are always amazed by your intelligence, focus and ambition. Now let’s celebrate!”
- “What a proud day! We couldn’t be happier for you!”
- “It feels like only yesterday you were starting school, and now you’re receiving your diploma. We’re all so impressed with your achievements over the last four years; it has been a joy to watch.”
- “You know what makes your graduation extra special? It’s having watched you grow up, sharing amazing memories with you, and knowing all the challenges you’ve worked through to get to this day. You did it, kid.”
- “This isn’t the first and certainly won’t be the last time we brag about you. Congratulations!”
TouchNote Tip: Make your card even more unique by adding images from our exclusive TouchNote X Getty Images collab.
No need to write a whole commencement speech in your graduation card to your friend. Why not reminisce on the fun you’ve had, the hard work you’ve put in and wish them well with their new college, job or adventure. You’ll have lots more fun times to come.
- “We’ve done all-nighters studying and partying, and I’m sad that college is coming to an end. But we have lots more parties still to come. So let the graduation party start now!”
- “It’s true that time flies, but we’ve created some amazing memories and had so many good times. Well done, graduate!”
- “From Freshmen to Seniors, you’ve always had my back. So happy we get to graduate together. Can’t wait to visit you in college.”
- “I’m so glad our friendship survived through all the craziness of getting our diplomas. So proud of you!”
- “When we met as college sophomores, I knew we’d be best friends forever. I can’t believe we are finishing college, but I know you will be amazing in your new job!
- “Nothing can stop you now, and your next adventure awaits. I can’t wait to see what part I play in it. Happy Graduation Day.”
Celebrate the big days and the every day with TouchNote. Sign up today!