We have a lot to be thankful for, and when someone goes out of their way to show you kindness, provide you with hospitality, or give you a gift it is always nice to send them a heartfelt note to show your appreciation.
It may seem more convenient to just send a text, but writing a card is scientifically proven to be a more thoughtful means of communication. Our study with Oxford University anthropologist Dr Anna Machin showed that 66% of people said a personalized card made them feel happy and closer to each other. So we came up with a list of 50+ thank you messages, ranging from simple to sentimental, to make your Thank You card wording perfect.
And to make your thank you even more personal, you can create a custom-made card with TouchNote.
Thank you messages for a gift
Reflect the generosity and effort someone has put into picking you the perfect gift by writing an equally thoughtful thank you card. Whatever the reason for the present, we have a simple, heartfelt and/or funny message for you to use.
- “Your gift made my birthday extra special. Thank you for XX.”
- “I still can’t believe I now finally own XX. That was such a thoughtful gift.”
- “Thank you so much for XX. You are the best grandparents ever!”
- “Thank you for the most incredible gift. You always outdo yourself with your awesome gift-giving.”
- “Thank you for the amazing Christmas present. How do you always know exactly what I want without ever asking me! You always amaze me.”
- “Your creativity and attention to detail is truly outstanding. Your gift made my Christmas day. I hope you had a great holiday season too.”
- “Thank you for being such a great friend and gift-giver. Your present means the world to me.”
- “Your Christmas present put the biggest smile on my face. I must have been on the nice list this year. Sending love to you and your family this Christmas.”
- “Thank you for the wedding gift. How thoughtful of you! It means so much to both of us.”
- “Your gift is a great reminder of our happy day. Thank you!”
- “Thank you so much for such a lovely and meaningful wedding gift. It made our day even more special.”
- “Just having you at our wedding was a gift, but your kind present was such a beautiful touch also. I hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.”
- “Thank you so much for your generous gift. There’s an XX kit I’ve had my eye on for a while, so thanks to you I can now get it!”
- “We are saving for a deposit on our new apartment, and your generosity is hugely appreciated. We can’t wait to host you for dinner soon – maybe even in our new apartment!”
- “As you know, I’m saving for a XX, so this is going right in the bank! Thank you so much.”
- “Thank you very much for the gift of money. I promise I will spend it wisely!”
- “Thank you for the gift to celebrate the birth of our little guy. What great friends you are!”
- “A lovely gesture to celebrate the arrival of our little girl. Your kindness warms our hearts.”
- “XX will look so cute in your gift. Thank you so much!”
- “Perfect is the word that comes to mind when I look at your gift. Thank you for being so incredibly thoughtful.”
- “Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all your effort in getting me such an incredible gift. I can’t wait to bring it to college with me.”
- “Every time I look at your gift I think of our good times together. Thank you for the graduation present.”
- “A huge thank you for the graduation gift. It was such a special way to remember the last few years of hard work and dedication. Thank you for always being so supportive.”
- “Thank you for celebrating with me on my special graduation day. Your gift was such an incredible reminder of how far I have come.”
Thank you messages for hospitality
Being hosted in someone’s home or at their special event is not only a lot of fun, but a very touching act of generosity. Send an extra-special thank you, and say thank you as well as share some of your favorite memories from the evening.
- “Thank you for being the most generous hosts. The food was delicious as always.”
- “You really do have the most beautiful and welcoming home. We always feel so comfortable in your company.”
- “Thank you for hosting us for dinner. We can’t wait to return the favour.”
- “Just wanted to say thank you again for such a wonderful evening. The meal was delicious, and you have inspired me to try to recreate that dish now also.”
- “We always have a good time at a XX party. Thank you for having us.”
- “It was great to be surrounded by so many family and friends. The love in the room was immense.”
- “Thank you so much for allowing us to join in your celebrations for XX. You threw one hell of a party!”
- “I think we are still recovering from your party, which is a sign of a good evening. We appreciate you hosting us so much and can’t wait for many more parties to come.”
- “Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your very special day. It meant the world to us to be able to celebrate your love. You make the most beautiful couple.”
- “So grateful to have joined you on your wedding day. You both looked incredible, and the venue, food and ceremony were all absolutely perfect. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.”
- “Congratulations again on your wedding day, and thank you for having us on your guest list. The love and respect between you was clear for everyone to see, and we know you will have the most incredible marriage.”
- “It was incredible to be a part of your wedding day, and celebrate you becoming husband and wife. Thank you for having us as guests and we hope you have the most incredible honeymoon to relax post-wedding.”
Thank you messages for a professional
Send a thank you to those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Whether it’s looking after you or your loved one in hospital or teaching you everything you know about algebra, let them know what a good job they are doing.
- “Thank you, Mr XX. You’ve made this school year my favorite yet.”
- “Miss XX, you’re appreciated more than ‘Thank You’ can ever express, but it’s a start!”
- “Our XX has grown so much this year. Thank you for your kindness, patience and inspiration!”
- “You make such a positive impact on the lives of your students. And the kids have great fun learning with you always. Thank you for all you do.”
- “What you do is truly amazing. Thank you so much for all the dedication and work you pour into helping others!”
- “Thank you for the incredible care and selflessness you showed when looking after my XX. Myself and my family are so grateful for your unbelievable hard work and love.”
- “Thank you for keeping our hope and spirits high during this difficult time. You always made us believe there was a way, and your gifts as a healthcare provider are truly outstanding.”
- “You always put your patients first and made my stay in hospital as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I’m lucky to have had you as my doctor.”
Thank you messages for help and support
Kindness is central to everything we do at TouchNote, so we always love to see cards TouchNoters send to celebrate everyday acts of kindness. Whether your friends and family have supported you in huge life steps, or have just been there for you every day, show your gratitude with a TouchNote approved thank you message.
- “The generosity of the love, time and kindness you have shown me throughout this time has been incredible. I will never forget all you have done for me.”
- “I’m having a hard time putting my gratitude into words but I hope you know how much I appreciate all of your help. This card is just a token of my thank you.”
- “Thank you for all your support and love. Next lunch is on me!”
- “Thank you for always being my number one supporter! You make me feel like I can do anything.”
- “Thank you for thinking of me as often as you do. Please know your kindness means the world to me.”
- “You always go above and beyond. Thank you for all you do.”
- “I don’t know where to start in saying thank you for being you. Your kindness and thoughtfulness amazes me every day.”
- “The more time we spend together the more I realize what a special person you are. You make my days better every day.”
- “Thank you for making so many ordinary moments, extraordinary.
- “I wanted to thank you, but I don’t know where to begin. So thank you for everything. I wouldn’t be where I am today without you.”
- “You always give me the gift of encouragement, positivity and hope. Thanks for always being on my side.”
- “Thank you for all that you’ve taught me. You inspire me to do better every day.”
A moment, a milestone, a hello or a special thank you, spread Kindness with TouchNote today.